• Possible Reason Why WWE Hasn’t Announced Sasha Banks’ Release
Back in May, WWE suspended Sasha Banks & Naomi for walking out of RAW. They were also stripped of the Women’s Tag Team Championship.
Raj Giri of Wrestlinginc reported earlier this month that WWE has released Sasha.
However, PWInsider is now reporting the following:
“Banks and Naomi remain listed on the active WWE roster internally. There has been no change in their status made internally since they walked out on that RAW taping several weeks ago.”
After this report came out, Raj Giri reported the following:
“Here’s what I know about Sasha Banks. She was released on June 10th and it came from Erika Schreiber, VP of Business and Legal Affairs for Talent Relations.
As for why WWE has not said anything or removed her, the rumor is that leadership is trying to smooth things over.”
WATCH: Sasha Banks In A See-Through Dress:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 29, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Fully Loaded 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Rikishi & Eddie Guerrero vs. Val Venis & Chris Benoit
2. Kurt Angle vs. Hardcore Holly
3. Bull Buchanan vs. The Godfather
4. Edge & Christian vs. Kane & The Undertaker
5. WWF Hardcore Title: Steve Blackman vs. Crash Holly
6. Road Dogg, X-Pac & Triple H vs. The Dudley Boyz & Chris Jericho