• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (August 7, 1976) – WWWF MSG House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on August 7, 1976, the World Wide Wrestling Federation held a televised house show in the world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
The main event saw World Heavyweight Champion Bruno Sammartino defending his belt against Stan Hansen in a Steel Cage match.
Below are the results:
– Special Delivery Jones Def. Johnny Rodz
– Bobo Brazil Def. Doug Gilbert
– Bruiser Brody Def. Kevin Sullivan
– Billy White Wolf & Chief Jay Strongbow Def. Baron Mikel Scicluna & Rocky Tamayo
– Executioner #1 & Executioner #2 Def. Dominic DeNucci & Jose Gonzales
– Ivan Putski Def. Skandor Akbar
– Steel Cage – WWWF World Heavyweight Title
Bruno Sammartino (C) Def. Stan Hansen
• Possible Spoiler Regarding Tonight’s Match With SummerSlam 2018 Implications On SmackDown Live
The SmackDown Tag Team Title tournament finals will take place tonight on SmackDown Live between The Bar and The New Day.
The Bludgeon Brothers have been struggling as champions as of late, with the team lacking virtually any momentum behind them since winning the titles. What was a great build to them winning the belts throughout the fall and winter has turned into mostly pretty average television since they became champions. It’s a great example of a team that’s much better chasing than defending.
According to the betting odds, The New Day are the favorites to win tonight’s match with odds of 4/6, while The Bar are 11/10.
This would mean that The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day is highly expected for SummerSlam 2018.
Announcement: We have launched our ‘WrestleFeed’ App on both Android & iOS. We’re trying to create Wrestling’s own Social Media with it. Apart from all the wrestling news, videos & other updates on the app, we’re also going to do a ‘Wrestling Quiz’ every week before Monday Night RAW soon. The winner of that Quiz will win $100.
Please download our app now! Below are the download links:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R