• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 11, 1987) – WWF Maple Leaf Gardens House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 11, 1987, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show in the Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario (Canada).
Here are the results from that night:
– Jose Luis Rivera vs. Terry Gibbs (Prime Time Wrestling – 2/23/87)
– Don Muraco vs. Koko B. Ware (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake vs. Mike Rotundo & Danny Spivey (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– George Steele vs. Johnny V (Prime Time Wrestling – 5/4/87)
– Dino Bravo vs. Scott McGhee (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– Jake The Snake Roberts vs. King Kong Bundy
– Paul Roma vs. Barry O (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– Davey Boy Smith & The Junkyard Dog (sub. for Dynamite Kid) vs. Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart (Prime Time Wrestling – 1/26/87)
– Hulk Hogan vs. Kamala
• Possible WrestleMania 36 Plan For Braun Strowman
According to Tom Colohue, there’s a possibility that “The Monster Among Men” Braun Strowman teams up with Tyson Fury to take on some combination of King Corbin / Dolph Ziggler / Robert Roode at WrestleMania 36.
Below is what Colohue said:
“Now when he was in Manchester for the SmackDown taping, he did form the beginnings of a tag team with Braun Strowman. And I think the idea there is that they’ll protect how green and inexperienced he is in this field – as well as help potentially get him over.
That’s a key thing they’re going to be targeting right now – how to get Tyson Fury over.
Which is why I think if he’s at WrestleMania, which is very likely, he’ll be facing high-quality heels on his own brand – which is SmackDown.
So I suspect we’re going to see him face King Corbin or some combination of Fury/Strowman-Corbin/Ziggler or Corbin/Ziggler/Roode.”
As we have noted before, Tyson Fury’s involvement at WrestleMania 36 depends on the result of his Boxing match with Deontay Wilder on February 22nd.
WATCH: Carmella’s Sexy Dance: