• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (October 4, 2001) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the Civic Center in Mobile, Alabama and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF No Mercy 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Edge & The Acolytes vs. Christian & Albert & X-Pac
2. Spike Dudley & The Big Show vs. Mike Awesome & Hurricane Helms
3. Rob Van Dam vs. Kurt Angle
4. Booker T. vs. Kane
5. Tazz vs. Maven
6. Bikini Contest: Torrie Wilson vs. Stacey Keibler
7. The Rock, Chris Jericho & Mike Chioda vs. The Dudley Boyz & Nick Patrick
• Randy Orton Challenges The Rock To A Match At WrestleMania 36
“The Great One” The Rock will make his return to WWE programming after 3 years on tonight’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX.
While The Rock will appear to celebrate SmackDown’s 20th anniversary tonight, “The Viper” Randy Orton has other plans.
The 13 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion might confront The Rock in person on tonight’s episode because he has already called him out on Twitter for a match at WrestleMania 36.
Below is what Orton tweeted:
.@TheRock I see you will be at #SmackdownOnFox this Friday. How about you & I have a discussion about who’s the greatest 3rd generation of all time and we answer that question April 5th in Tampa At Wrestlemania 36. A vipers sense of smell is unmatched. I smell what you’re cooking
— Randy Orton (@RandyOrton) October 4, 2019
While the chances of The Rock facing Randy Orton in a singles match are very low, there are chances that The Rock could wrestle one final match sometime in the future.
WATCH: Lana Kisses Alexa Bliss: