• RAW & SmackDown Could Move To Netflix, Says WWE Co-CEO Nick Khan
During today’s Q2 earnings call, WWE Co-CEO Nick Khan revealed that the group of potential bidders for RAW & SmackDown rights has gotten more crowded, and Netflix could be a potential bidder in the future.
Below is what Khan said:
“On Netflix, we’ve been saying on these calls for many months that we believe Netflix is looking to enter the live space.
We got confirmation of that this past quarter when Netflix made a bid for the rights for Formula 1. We believe Netflix’s appetite for live (programming) will only increase after the introduction of their ad tier.
As we all know, the strongest CPMs are those sold against live programming.”
WATCH: Lana Kisses Alexa Bliss:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (August 16, 1992) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1992, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was pre-taped at the Portland Civic Center in Portland, Maine and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1992’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Nailz vs. Phil Apollo
– The Natural Disasters vs. Mike Bell & Tony Devito
– Kamala vs. John Armstrong
– Bret Hart vs. Bob Bradley
– Papa Shango vs. Paul Vandale