• WWE Reports $328 Million In Revenue For Q2 – An Increase Of 24%
WWE reported their Second Quarter 2022 Results today. You can read the highlights released by WWE below:
– Revenue was $328.2 million, an increase of 24%; Operating Income was $69.3 million, an increase of 50%; and Adjusted OIBDA1 was $91.5 million, an increase of 34%.
– Net Income was $49.0 million, or $0.58 per diluted share, an increase from $29.2 million, or $0.34 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2021, primarily reflecting higher operating performance.
– Returned capital to shareholders totaling $19.1 million, including share repurchases and dividends paid.
– Each WWE premium live event (WrestleMania, WrestleMania Backlash and Hell in a Cell) was the most viewed event in its history with year-over-year increases of 60%, 49% and 45%, respectively, in domestic unique viewership on Peacock.
– WWE, in connection with Fox’s Blockchain Creative Labs, launched its inaugural NFT sale on Moonsault, the Company’s official NFT marketplace. The limited-edition collection, which was tied to the Hell in a Cell event, sold out within 24 hours.
– WWE announced its second “Next In Line” class of 15 college athletes, further enhancing the Company’s talent development program.
– In July, WWE launched a new, enhanced digital platform for e-commerce and licensed merchandise in connection with its long-term partnership with Fanatics.
WATCH: Revealing Video Of Aliyah’s Buns:
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (August 16, 1990) – Old School Wrestling Legend Passed Away
On this day in 1990, we lost Old School Wrestling Legend Pat O’Connor at the age of 65 due to cancer.
Pat O’Connor was a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion, who held the belt from 1959 until he lost it to “The Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers in 1961.
In 2016, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as part of their annual ‘Legacy Wing’ inductions.
† REST IN PEACE PAT O’CONNOR
August 22, 1924 – August 16, 1990