• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (November 20, 1990) – NWA Clash Of The Champions 13
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 20, 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘NWA Clash Of The Champions 13’ LIVE on TBS from the Jacksonville Memorial Coliseum in Jacksonville, Florida.
This was the 13th out of a total of 35 Clash of the Champions events, that aired between 1988 and 1997.
The results can be found here:
– The Fabulous Freebirds defeated The Southern Boys
– Brian Pillman defeated Buddy Landell
– Big Cat defeated Brad Armstrong
– Tom Zenk defeated Brian Lee
– Michael Wallstreet defeated The Starblazer
– Pat O’Connor Memorial Tournament qualifying match: Sgt. Krueger & Col. DeKlerk defeated The Beast & Kaluha
– Lex Luger defeated The Motor City Madman
– The Renegade Warriors defeated The Nasty Boys via DQ
– Sid Vicious defeated The Nightstalker
– NWA United States Tag Team Championship: The Steiner Brothers (c) defeated Magnum Force
– Ric Flair defeated Butch Reed
• RAW Star Reportedly Undergoing Surgery, Status For Upcoming Big Match
As seen on last night’s RAW, Michael Cole announced that Braun Strowman’s elbow was shattered after brutal attack by Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre & Bobby Lashley.
It looks like the injury is not kayfabe and Braun will be undergoing surgery, according to the Wrestling Observer.
However, his elbow was not “shattered” like WWE said, but the damage was done to the bone spurs in his elbow.
The attack on RAW was a cover up for this injury that Strowman had.
On last night’s RAW, Stephanie McMahon announced Braun Strowman vs. Baron Corbin in a TLC match at TLC 2018 PPV. If Strowman wins this match, then he’ll face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship at Royal Rumble 2019 and Corbin will no longer be the acting RAW General Manager.
However, Corbin will become the permanent General Manager of RAW if he defeats Strowman.
Strowman’s status for TLC 2018 currently depends on the seriousness of the injury. However, the belief backstage is that Strowman will be ready for his match against Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship at Royal Rumble 2019.
No word yet on how Strowman will receive a match against Lesnar if he’s unable to compete at TLC 2018, as his Universal Title shot depends on his TLC 2018 match outcome.