• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 15, 1988) – WWF Los Angeles House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show at the L.A. Sports Arena in Los Angeles, California.
The card of this event can be found here:
1. The Big Boss Man vs. Scott Casey
2. Rockers vs. The Conquistadors
3. Andre the Giant vs. Jim Duggan
4. The Ultimate Warrior vs. Bobby Heenan in a Loser Wears a Weasel Suit match
5. Bad News Brown vs. Jim Neidhart
6. Rick Rude vs. Jake Roberts
• RAW Wrestler Could Become A Part Of NXT Japan
Former NXT Women’s Champion Kairi Sane is rumored to leave WWE after her contract with the company expires. However, her departure is not confirmed yet.
As we noted earlier, it was reported that WWE had plans to use Sane as an ambassador for them in Japan.
An article from Tokyo Sports also indicates the same. It read the following (translated from Japanese):
“She also communicated her intention to return to Japan to her neighbours, and she was whispered to return to Japan early this year. However, it is unlikely that they will completely leave WWE and participate in other groups in Japan. Most of the argument is that the base will be moved to Japan and WWE will continue to maintain friendly relations.
Although it is not clear what form to choose, it seems that there will be some announcement by the summer festival ‘SummerSlam’ (August 23). WWE Japan said, ‘We have not received any information here’.”
WWE moving the ‘base’ to Japan could mean their plans for NXT Japan, as they’ve been planning to buy Japanese wrestling promotions to start running NXT Japan this year. This way, Sane could be under contract with them and also be a part of NXT Japan.
WATCH: Trish Stratus Strips: