• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 14, 1997) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1997, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio, Texas and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1997’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Ivan Pustski & Scott Putski vs. Brian Christopher & Jerry Lawler
2. TAKA Michinoku vs. Tajiri
3. Miguel Perez Jr. & Jose Estrada Jr. vs. The Headbangers
4. Ken Shamrock vs. Jim Neidhart
5. Legion of Doom vs. The New Blackjacks
6. Vader vs. Flash Funk
7. Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith vs. Dude Love & Steve Austin
• RAW Wrestler Says He Owes His Life To Paul Heyman
While speaking to Inside The Ropes, one half of the WWE RAW Tag Team Champions, Montez Ford of The Street Profits, was asked about his relationship with former Executive Director of RAW, Paul Heyman.
Below is what he said:
“I would like to say I owe Paul Heyman my friggin’ life, man. I know both me collectively, me and Dawkins, owe him pretty much our lives. He has always been there since day one.
I remember specifically the first time we encountered Paul Heyman and him just giving us a wealth of knowledge.
I remember when we first debuted on Monday Night RAW, I remember specifically he was the first person that came and found us and talked to us and just pretty much took us under his wing and just, there is so much I can say and describe, he’s given us a whole bunch of stuff, and he’s pretty much been there the whole way, give us a whole lot of motivation, insight, you guys know.”
WATCH: Mickie James Kisses Melina: