WWE News

Real Cause Of Howard Finkel’s Death Revealed, How He Spent His Last Days

Howard Finkel With WWF Intercontinental Champion RIP Death

• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 20, 1985) – WWF All-Star Wrestling

On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All-Star Wrestling’.

This episode was taped at the Brantford Civic Centre in Brantford, Ontario, Canada and included matches & interviews featuring the 1985 WWF Superstars.

You can find the card below:

George Wells, SD Jones vs. Barry O & Goldie Rogers

WWF Update

King Kong Bundy vs. Ron Dee

WWF IC Champ Greg Valentine, Brutus Beefcake vs. Rick McGraw, Jim Powers

Don Muraco vs. Chico Rodriguez

The Body Shop with guest Junkyard Dog

Hillbilly Jim Vignette

Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid vs. Buddy Rose, Chris Firpo

• Real Cause Of Howard Finkel’s Death Revealed, How He Spent His Last Days

WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel passed away at the age of 69 last week. He was WWF’s first ever employee. His health had been deteriorating since last year. A report came out last year, which stated that Finkel had suffered a stroke.

However, that is not the case. While speaking to Busted Open Radio, ECW Legend and also a close friend of Finkel, Tommy Dreamer, revealed that he actually suffered from a rare genetic brain disease, which caused his brain to shrink which was devastating due to the stroke-like symptoms.

He also shared how Finkel spent his last days:

“A lot of people said Howard had a stroke. Howard did not have a stroke. Howard had a rare genetic brain disease. His brain was shrinking and I hate that because the whole out think the Fink and he was slowly losing his mind.

He had stroke-like symptoms, but he kept falling because of his brain. I didn’t post pictures of us on social media. I took them all the time I would visit him, but Howard had such pride. He didn’t want the people to know that he was sick. He didn’t want people to feel sorry for him. He was literally just sitting there watching the Mets game until it was time to watch wrestling.

I posted a picture last night on social media and everyone kept hitting me up about the note over my shoulder. I went back and I looked, and this was when Howard was in a bad state.

Howard couldn’t, sadly, use a cell phone anymore because of his hands. If you handed him the phone, which is what I would do every time I would visit, I would FaceTime with Justin (Credible). Howard’s medical note above my shoulder said, please put channel 43 on at 8 p.m. on Monday Nights. Wrestling is on. That was his medical note.

He loved us. We were his family. That’s all he had. He loved performing in front of the fans and he loved us, unconditionally.”

Also Read: Old School WWF Referee Passes Away

To Top