• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (July 5, 1999) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1999, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Bash at the Beach 1999’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
1. Juventud Guerrera vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
2. WCW TV Title: Rick Steiner vs. Vampiro
3. Kickboxing Match: Ernest Miller vs. Jerry Flynn
4. Lodi vs. Van Hammer
5. Fit Finlay & Steve Regal vs. Konnan & Rey Mysterio
6. US Title: David Flair vs. Buff Bagwell
7. DDP, Bam Bam Bigelow & Kanyon vs. Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn & Chris Benoit
8. WCW World Title: Kevin Nash vs. Sid Vicious
• Old School WWF Jobber Of The Day: Len Wagner
• Real Reason Vince McMahon Enforced COVID-19 Precautions In WWE
Last month, several WWE employees tested positive for COVID-19. The five confirmed names were Renee Young, Kayla Braxton, Adam Pearce, Tyreke and Jamie Noble. The total number of cases reportedly exceeds 30.
Last week, WWE imposed a strict rule regarding talents wearing masks all the time when they’re off camera (or they’ll get fined).
Fightful is reporting that Vince McMahon enforced all the precautions on the request of a specific wrestler.
The wrestler recently approached Vince about properly enforcing COVID-19 precautions at TV tapings.
He/She reportedly expressed concerns to Vince about measures not being taken seriously, specifically social distancing and the wearing of masks.
The report also states that Vince is mainly tucked away in his office during tapings, which explains why these rules were not already enforced. He does occasionally attend tapings from the Gorilla Position.
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to read all the latest WWE & AEW news in one place. Tap here to download.
WATCH: Lana Spanks Carmella In A Bikini: