• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 7, 1986) – WrestleMania II
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 7, 1986, WWF WrestleMania 2 took place. The main event of the show saw Hulk Hogan defeat King Kong Bundy in a steel cage match to retain the WWF Championship.
Below are the results:
– Don Muraco vs. Paul Orndorff ended in a Double Count-Out.
– WWF Intercontinental Championship Match: Randy Savage (c) def. George Steele to retain the Title.
– Jake Roberts def. George Wells
– Boxing Match: Mr. T def. Roddy Piper via DQ.
– WWF Women’s Championship Match: The Fabulous Moolah (c) def. Velvet McIntyre to retain the Title.
– Flag Match: Corporal Kirchner def. Nikolai Volkoff
– WWF vs. NFL Battle Royal: Andre the Giant won the Battle Royal.
– WWF Tag Team Championship Match: The British Bulldogs def. The Dream Team (c) to win the Titles.
– Ricky Steamboat def. Hercules Hernandez
– Adrian Adonis def. Uncle Elmer
– Terry & Hoss Funk def. Junkyard Dog & Tito Santana
– Steel Cage Match for the WWF Championship: Hulk Hogan (c) def. King Kong Bundy to retain the Title.
You can watch the highlights from WrestleMania 2 in just 60 seconds below:
• Reason Behind Both Battle Royals Being Put On The WrestleMania 34 Kickoff Show
According to DirtySheets.Net, both the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and the WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal were added to the WrestleMania 34 Kickoff Show because the bonus WrestleMania pay for Kickoff Show matches is less than that of the main show matches.
For a 20 man Battle Royal on the main show of WrestleMania, WWE would have to give out a total of $600,000 in bonuses, but they only need to give a total of $150,000 on the Kickoff Show.