• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (September 15, 1991) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Civic Center in Erie, Pennsylvania and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– The Bushwhackers vs. Ray Garcia & Tom Sons
– Big Bully Busick vs. Sonny Blaze
– The British Bulldog vs. Mike Fury
– The Beverly Brothers vs. Ron Cumberland & Kerry Daniels
– Skinner vs. Mark Thomas
– The Warlord vs. Scott Summers
• Reason Behind Braun Strowman Announcing His Money In The Bank Cash-In In Advance
“The Monster Among Men” Braun Strowman announced a few weeks ago on RAW that he’ll cash-in his Money In The Bank contract against Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship inside Hell in a Cell this Sunday night.
According to the Wrestling Observer, the reason behind Strowman announcing his Money In The Bank cash-in in advance is that WWE wants to protect Strowman’s status as the #1 heel on RAW.
It was noted that if a superstar cashes-in his Money In The Bank contract out of nowhere and loses, then he’s looked at as a ‘geek’ as the champion isn’t supposed to be 100% in that case. However, that isn’t the case if the Money In The Bank cash-in is announced in advance as it’s a fair fight in that case.
As we noted before, Strowman is expected to lose his cash-in match against Reigns this Sunday at Hell In A Cell 2018 PPV and the above stated reason is exactly why Strowman’s cash-in was announced in advance – to protect him despite a failed cash-in.