• ON THIS DAY IN WRESTLING HISTORY (April 8, 1991) – UWF Fury Hour
On this day in 1991, Herb Abrams´ Universal Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘UWF Fury Hour’.
This episode was pre-taped on March 10th, 1991 at the Hotel Pennsylvania in New York City, New York.
Craig DeGeorge & Bruno Sammartino were doing commentary for the show.
The card can be found below:
– Terry Gordy vs Captain Badd
– Brian Blair vs Brian Donahue
– Capt. Lou’s Corner w/Terry Gordy
– Don Muraco vs Afa
– Ask the Wrestlers feat. Bob Orton Jr.
– Paul Orndorff vs Carmine Albano
– Wet N’ Wild vs Bob Orton Jr. & Cactus Jack
• Reason Behind Drew McIntyre Facing Big Show After WrestleMania 36
On this week’s post-WrestleMania 36 edition of RAW, WWE aired footage of what happened with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre after WrestleMania 36 went off the air.
Big Show came out and challenged him to a WWE Championship match and lost.
According to PWInsider, WWE wanted to put McIntyre over big time, and that’s why they had Big Show lose to him on the same night he beat Brock Lesnar in convincing fashion:
“The idea was to show McIntyre beating both Lesnar and Show in succession, taking out two of the biggest beasts in the company in one fell swoop.”
Also, it was done to give Big Show’s new Netflix show a little push with his return on WWE TV.
WATCH: New WWE Diva Scarlett Bordeaux Groped By A Fan: