• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (September 9, 1996) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Civic Center in Columbus, Georgia and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to ‘WCW Fall Brawl 1996’.
The card can be found here:
– Super Calo Vs. Pat Tanaka
– The Nasty Boys Vs. the Amazing French Canadians
– Scott Norton Vs. Sgt. Craig Pittman
– Juventud Guerrera Vs. Joe Gomez
– Rick Steiner Vs. Lex Luger
– World Cruiserweight Champion, Rey Mysterio Jr. Vs. Billy Kidman
– The Faces of Fear Vs. Public Enemy
– John Tenta Vs. Randy Savage
• Reason Behind Shane McMahon’s Absence From WWE TV
“Best In The World” Shane McMahon has been away from WWE programming as of late because he’s on jury duty.
Wrestling Observer was reporting that WWE officials don’t have anything for Shane right now and that Vince McMahon forgot about his son’s storyline, but that’s not the case.
Shane has been doing jury duty near New York City. No word yet on when he’ll return to WWE TV.
Shane O’Mac is expected to resume his feud with Kevin Owens when he returns.
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE/AEW News & Clash Of Champions 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R