• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (January 25, 1987) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Hersheypark Arena in Hershey, Pennsylvania and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania III’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
1. The Junkyard Dog vs. Al Navarro
2. Demolition vs. Jerry Allen & Sivi Afi
3. Kamala vs. Nick Foley
4. Killer Bees vs. Barry O. & David Vance
5. Jacques Rougeau vs. Don Muraco
6. Ricky Steamboat vs. Tiger Chung Lee
• Reason Behind WWE Advertising John Cena For Royal Rumble 2019
As we noted before, WWE announced a kayfabe (storyline) injury for John Cena and Cena might not compete at this Sunday’s Men’s Royal Rumble 2019 match.
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE advertised Cena for Royal Rumble 2019 to sell tickets for the event as WWE plans to sell out Chase Field. The Observer noted that Cena was never supposed to be in the Royal Rumble match.
WWE originally announced Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman for Royal Rumble 2019 to help with ticket sales as well and later went on to change the match.
WATCH: Zelina Vega Showcasing Her Hot Buns:
• Chris Jericho’s NJPW Salary Revealed
According to the Wrestling Observer, Old School WWF Legend Chris Jericho got paid $100,000 per match in New Japan Pro Wrestling (he was also paid a part of the PPV/NJPW World buys).
This was the same amount that WWE paid Jericho to be a part of the 50 man Greatest Royal Rumble match last year (in which he got eliminated within a few minutes).