• Reason Behind WWE Releasing 29 Year Veteran
WWE Spanish Commentator Carlos Cabrera, who worked for the company for 29 years, was recently released from WWE.
This decision was a shocker to many, as he’s the equivalent of Jim Ross to the Spanish fans.
Fellow former WWE Spanish Commentator Hugo Savinovich confirmed this news:
“As Hugo Savinovich has just reported EXCLUSIVELY for Lucha Libre Online, the legendary announcer in Spanish, Carlos Cabrera, has been fired from WWE after 29 years with the company.”
According to the Wrestling Observer, Cabrera’s release was an age-related decision. He’s 62 years old.
Cabrera was signed to the WWF in 1993 and has provided play-by-play commentary for RAW, SmackDown, Superstars, NXT, and pay-per-view events in Spanish ever since.
He also provided play-by-play Spanish commentary for more than 25 WrestleMania events, more than anyone in WWE history.
WATCH: Girl Plays With Paige’s Knockers:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 24, 1986) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1986, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania II’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Lanny Poffo vs. Terry Gibbs
– Scott McGhee vs. Moondog Spot
– George Wells vs. Iron Mike Sharpe
– Roddy Piper & Bob Orton Jr. vs. Paul Orndorff & Bruno Sammartino
– Randy Savage (w/ Miss Elizabeth) vs. WWF IC Champion Tito Santana (2/8/86; Boston Garden)