• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (December 11, 1988) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Arco Arena in Sacramento, California and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Rick Rude vs. Scott Casey
– Blue Blazer vs. Steve Lombardi
– Big Bossman vs. Jim Gorman
– Tito Santana vs. The Black Knight
– Young Stallions vs. Rougeau Brothers
– Akeem vs. Ricky Ataki
– Hercules Hernandez vs. Darryl Peterson
• Reason Behind WWE Releasing Wrestlers Recently
Luke Harper, Sin Cara, Konnor & Viktor of The Ascension were released from their WWE contracts recently.
They all have the 90-day no compete clause and that will end in March 2020.
According to WrestlingNewsco, WWE officials were open to making these releases to free up some money and use it to offer better deals to other mid-card / top stars that they want to keep:
“A WWE source told me that another reason why the company is more open to releasing some wrestlers is that it helps them cut down on salaries while freeing up more money to offer deals to mid and upper card wrestlers who they don’t want to leave the company.”
WATCH: Nikki Bella Shows Off Her Juggs In New See-Through Top: