• Recently Released WWE Superstar Wanted To Leave The Company In 2019
As we noted before, WWE recently released 10 wrestlers on April 15th, with all of them having a 90-day no-compete clause in their contracts, which means we won’t see them in All Elite Wrestling or Impact Wrestling before July 2021.
Fightful Select now reports that Kalisto, who is one of the released wrestlers, already expressed his wish to leave the WWE in 2019, but the WWE didn’t let him go.
Here’s what was reported about the former United States Champion:
“Many we spoke to within WWE said that in 2019 he’d openly discussed the possibility of free agency, and his deal would have been up in the summer of 2020.”
Kalisto will eventually return to wrestle under his former Indy Wrestling ring-name Samuray del Sol.
WATCH: Sonya Deville Topless (Part 2):
• ON THIS DAY IN NWA HISTORY (April 26, 1986) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1986, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments featuring the 1986 NWA Wrestling Superstars.
The card can be found below:
– Jimmy Valliant vs. Kent Glover
– Manny Fernandez vs. Scrub
– Ron Garvin vs. Paul Garner
– The Road Warriors vs. Jeff Smith & Randy Mulkey
– Shaska Whatley & Baron Von Raschke vs. Bill Tabb & Lee Peek
– Wahoo McDaniel vs. Jim Dawson
– Rock n Roll Express vs. Ron Rossi & Bob Owens
– The Midnight Express vs. Rocky King & George South
– Tully Blanchard vs. Mike Samani
– Arn Anderson vs. Gene Ligon