• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 16, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the County Coliseum in Odessa, Texas and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Akeem & Big Bossman vs. Stephan DeLeon & Scott Casey
– The Blue Blazer vs. Danny Davis
– Randy Neverman vs. Bad News Brown
– Hercules vs. Scrub
– The Rougeau Brothers vs. Scrubs
– The Barbarian vs. Omar Atlas
– Tom Stone vs. Tito Santana
• Released WWE Wrestler Teases Going To New Japan Pro Wrestling
As we noted before, former RAW Tag Team Champion Karl Anderson got released from WWE during the recent budget cuts.
Anderson posted a video on Twitter after his release, where he teased going back to New Japan Pro Wrestling.
The video shows a flight from Santa Monica, CA to Tokyo, Japan, with NJPW commentary in the background, and his “Machine Gun” nickname appearing on the screen.
You can watch it below:
— Karl Anderson (@MachineGunKA) April 16, 2020
Speaking of released WWE wrestlers, PWInsider is reporting that main roster wrestlers have a 90 day no-compete clause, which means they’ll be able to make appearances for major pro-wrestling promotions after July 15.
On the other hand, released NXT wrestlers have a 30 day no-compete clause.
Also Read: Pro-Wrestler Passes Away Due To Coronavirus
WATCH: Hottest Trish Stratus Photos Ever: