• Rob Van Dam On What Current Pro-Wrestling Lacks
During a recent appearance on the Foundation podcast, WWE Hall Of Famer Rob Van Dam talked about current pro-wrestling and what it lacks.
Below is what the former WWE Champion said:
“What pro wrestling lacks right now is a lack of the old school fundamentals.
When I was trained by the Original Sheik, he definitely wasn’t a high flyer in any way.
I had to do his kind of wrestling, which was all about getting your opponent to the ground, trying to pin him, trying to pin his shoulders to the mat every chance we got. I had to learn how to sneak in a backflip or a spin around that.
When I was in All Japan, Stan Hansen used to give me sh*t when I was real young.”
Speaking of RVD, he recently told WWE Officials that he’s ready if they need him as a surprise entrant in the Men’s Royal Rumble 2022 match. He even had a new ring gear ready.
However, WWE Officials didn’t call him.
WATCH: Revealing Video Of Katie Forbes (Rob Van Dam’s Wife):
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 12, 1995) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from South Padre Island, Texas and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania XI’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Aldo Montoya vs. Ray Hudson
– The Blu Brothers vs. Bill Weaver & Shawn Dakota
– Lex Luger vs. The Brooklyn Brawler
– King Kong Bundy vs. John Snakowski
– Heartbreak Hotel with Cardboard Cutout Diesel (From Superstars)
– Men on a Mission vs. Butch Long & Adam Croom
– Mantaur vs. Ben Jordan
– Man Mountain Rock vs. Reno Riggins