• Ronda Rousey Says WrestleMania 35 Main Event Finish Botch Wasn’t On Purpose
In the main event of WrestleMania 35, Becky Lynch pinned Ronda Rousey in a Triple Threat Match (that also involved Charlotte Flair) to win the RAW & SmackDown Women’s Championships.
When Becky was pinning Ronda, Ronda’s shoulders weren’t down on the mat.
Many thought this was done on purpose to build to a future singles match between Lynch & Rousey, but that’s not the case.
Rousey appeared on The Kurt Angle Show and said the following about the WrestleMania 35 main event finish:
“I didn’t think my shoulder was down. I was trying to flatten out to put my shoulder more down. That’s what was happening.
I thought it was just the very tops of my shoulders, so I was trying to shimmy down so the actual back of my shoulders was down and I didn’t know that he had already started counting, so I’m worried that my shoulder came up during the shimmy.
So I was trying to help, but it ended up being awesome because now I have a gripe to revisit.
That wasn’t on purpose. I apologized about that one. It wasn’t until later that I was like, ‘Oh sh*t, my bad.’”
Vince McMahon wasn’t happy with this and referee Rod Zapata got heat for it, because he counted to 3 while Ronda’s shoulders were still up.
WATCH: Ronda Rousey In A Bikini:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 12, 2000) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Kiel Center in St. Louis, Missouri and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. KOTR Qualifying Match: X-Pac vs. Dean Malenko
2. Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley vs. Lita
3. Too Cool vs. Test & Prince Albert
4. Tables Match: Shane & Vince McMahon vs. The Dudley Boyz
5. Hardcore Title: Crash Holly vs. Gerald Brisco
6. Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
7. Chris Benoit vs. Matt Hardy
8. KOTR Qualifying Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Christian
9. Kane vs. The Rock