• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 21, 1980) – WWF MSG House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 1980, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show in the world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
This live event featured the 1980 WWF Superstars and included World Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund defending his title against Afa of The Wild Samoans.
The results can be found below:
– Larry Sharpe defeated Mike Masters
– Greg Gagne defeated Jose Estrada
– Jay Youngblood & Ricky Steamboat defeated Bulldog Brower & Tor Kamata
– Sika defeated Dominic DeNucci
– Andre The Giant defeated Bobby Duncum
– Hulk Hogan defeated Rene Goulet
– WWF Intercontinental Title: Ken Patera defeated Pat Patterson (C)
– Bruno Sammartino defeated Larry Zbyszko via count-out
– WWF World Heavyweight Title: Bob Backlund (C) defeated Afa
• Sasha Banks Has Not Asked For Her WWE Release – Issues Being Exaggerated For Storyline
According to The Dirty Sheets, “The Boss” Sasha Banks has not asked for her release from WWE.
While Sasha is unhappy with her booking and position in the company, the issues between Sasha & WWE are being deliberately exaggerated for storyline purposes. Current plan for Sasha is for her to return as a disgruntled heel.
WWE actually gave permission to Sasha to go on a vacation. This was done so her attitude could improve and it would also aid in her upcoming singles push.
There were some reports that Sasha could win the Women’s Money In The Bank 2019 ladder match next month and now it looks like that could indeed happen.
We’ll keep you updated regarding Sasha’s return.