• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (August 22, 2002) – WWE SmackDown!
On this day in 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE SmackDown!’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, North Carolina and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE SummerSlam 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Shannon Moore & Hurricane Helms vs. Tajiri & Jamie Noble
2. Chavo Guerrero vs. Matt Hardy
3. Billy Kidman vs. Kurt Angle
4. Rikishi & John Cena vs. D-Von Dudley & Deacon Batista
5. Molly Holly vs. Nidia
6. The Rock & Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit
• Old School WWF Tag Team Of The Day: Chris Sullivan & Keith Steinborn
• Seth Rollins On The Real Reason Behind Austin Theory Being Off WWE TV
WWE RAW’s Austin Theory, who’s a part of Seth Rollins’ stable, was abruptly taken off TV after the COVID-19 testing began in WWE. Soon after that, Theory was accused of sending “gross” messages to a minor online.
In a report from the Wrestling Observer, it was noted that Theory has been on an unannounced suspension by WWE. However, nothing is confirmed by the company itself.
While discussing his upcoming SummerSlam match with Dominik Mysterio in an interview with Sporting News, Seth Rollins was asked where Theory has been.
He replied the following:
“He had some personal issues that came up so he took some time off to sort through them for the past month or two. It’s hard right now but we hope everything’s good for him so we hope to have him back sooner than later.”
WATCH: Maryse’s Big Juggs In Green Dress – Part 3:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.