• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (August 22, 1993) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was pre-taped at the Plattsburgh Civic Center in Plattsburgh, New York and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1993’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– King’s Court with Yokozuna/Mr. Fuji
– Razor Ramon vs. Barry Hardy
– The Heavenly Bodies vs. Darren Trujillo & Curt Sloan
– The 1-2-3 Kid vs. Fred Williams
– SummerSlam Report
– The Smoking Gunns vs. Duane Gill & The Brooklyn Brawler
– Hacksaw Jim Duggan Music Video
– Ludwig Borga vs. Bert Centeno
• Old School WWF Jobber Of The Day: Billy Travis
• WWE Planning To Get Edgier With Move To TV-14 Rating
As noted over the past couple of weeks, WWE SmackDown has been airing with a TV-14 rating instead of the usual TV-PG rating.
While speaking on his Twitch stream, AJ Styles discussed this and said that WWE is trying to get more edgier, hence the move to TV-14.
“There was a time where obviously the Attitude Era was definitely a lot raunchier, and I know it did better ratings-wise. But that’s tough, that’s tough for me that has 4 kids, you know, and them watching us do certain stuff. And you can get away with a lot more back then that you’ll never, ever get away with again. This world has changed completely since then. There’s a lot more sensitive people out there, so the fact is that you’re going to get away with hardly anything.
Hey, it sounds like SmackDown is moved to TV-14, so I don’t know what that consists of, but I guess we’re trying to get a little edgier. But still though, it’s tough because you wish you could say certain things that you didn’t think would bother people, but it seems like everything bothers someone to a certain degree. So, you have to watch and be clear with everything you say.”
WATCH: Maryse’s Big Juggs In Green Dress – Part 1:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.