• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (August 27, 2000) – WWF SummerSlam 2000
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on August 27, 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF SummerSlam 2000’ LIVE on PPV from the Raleigh Entertainment and Sports Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Like the previous year, this SummerSlam event was main evented by a Triple threat match for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship.
Here are the PPV results:
– Right to Censor defeated Too Cool
– X-Pac defeated Road Dogg
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Chyna & Eddie Guerrero defeated Trish Stratus and Val Venis (c) [Chyna won the Intercontinental Title]
– Jerry Lawler defeated Tazz
– WWF Hardcore Championship: Steve Blackman defeated Shane McMahon (c)
– 2-out-of-3 falls: Chris Benoit defeated Chris Jericho
– TLC – WWF Tag Team Championship: Edge & Christian (c) defeated The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz
– Stinkface match: The Kat defeated Terri
– Kane wrestled The Undertaker to a no-contest
– WWF Championship: The Rock (c) defeated Triple H and Kurt Angle
• Sheamus Reveals What Vince McMahon Said To Him That Made Him Lose Weight
Former WWE Champion Sheamus has been on a hiatus from WWE and lost 30 lbs during this time.
During a recent appearance on E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness podcast, Sheamus revealed what Vince McMahon said to him that made him lose weight:
“I came back from holiday in Ireland and me and Cesaro were walking by Vince. Vince goes, ‘Hey Sheamus! Enjoyed the holidays, huh?’ and he was looking at me and my gut. I said, ‘That’s it, that’s it, I need to do something about it.’ That was the change in gear. Cesaro knew it – Cesaro knew right away when that comment was made.”
Sheamus is absolutely shredded now and you can check out his physical transformation below: