Below are some top AEW news stories of the day:
• After last night’s episode of Dynamite went off the air, All Elite Wrestling taped this Friday’s episode of AEW Rampage.
Below are the spoilers:
– The Hardys & The Lucha Bros def. Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal, The Butcher & The Blade
– The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) def. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal
– AEW World Trios Champions Billy Gunn & The Acclaimed def. Peter Avalon & The Outrunners (Truth Magnum & Turbo Floyd)
After the match, Dark Order (Evil Uno, John Silver & Alex Reynolds) challenged The Acclaimed to a Trios Title match. Anthony Bowens agreed to face one of them on AEW Collision.
– Aussie Open def. Lord Crewe & Damian Chambers
– TBS Women’s Championship Match: Kris Statlander (c) def. Jade Cargill to retain the Title
This was Cargill’s second singles loss in AEW. Both her losses are to Statlander now. Both women showed respect to each other after the match.
• Former WWE NXT Tag Team Champion Bobby Fish made his All Elite Wrestling debut on the October 6th 2021 edition of AEW Dynamite, where he challenged Sammy Guevara for the TNT Championship in a losing effort.
Fish’s AEW run only lasted a year because he and AEW President Tony Khan couldn’t agree to a longer deal due to disagreements over his pay.
In an interview with Developmental Speaking, Fish said that Khan didn’t want to give him the money he was worth of.
“I would only agree to a year contract because, to be honest, [Tony Khan] wasn’t giving me enough of his money. But listen, you’ve got to know your worth, right? That’s really what it came down to, nothing more, nothing less … I put a higher price tag on my value than they were and we tried to see if there was some place to meet in the middle, and at that time there just wasn’t, you know? And that’s what it comes down to.”
WATCH: Charlotte Flair Suffers A Wardrobe Malfunction On The Final RAW Of 2020: