• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 23, 1991) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Arizona and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– The Texas Tornado vs. Dale Wolfe
– The Mountie vs. Matthew Burns
– Bret Hart vs. The Black Knight
– The Berzerker vs. Jerry Stevens
– The Barber Shop with Hacksaw Jim Duggan
– Sgt. Slaughter vs. Larry Ludden
– Virgil vs. Louie Spicolli
• SmackDown Wrestler May Not Return To WWE Until WrestleMania 37
A couple of weeks ago on SmackDown, Elias was ran over by a car, which led to him being written off WWE TV.
Michael Cole provided an update on him on SmackDown and said that he could be out of action for a couple of months.
Later, reports surfaced that he suffered a torn pectoral muscle and he would be out of action for almost 8 months (meaning he would be back by the Royal Rumble season).
However, it’s going to take longer than that. In an update to the previous reports, Fightful noted that Elias may not be back in the ring till WrestleMania next year.
“Elias got ran over by that car in a segment a couple of weeks ago, but he’s got a torn pectoral and may not be back till WrestleMania 37. Heal up soon.”
WATCH: Maryse’s Big Juggs In Green Dress – Part 4: