• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (July 22, 2002) – WWE Monday Night RAW
On this day in 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE SummerSlam 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. WWE IC Title vs. WWE European Title – Ladder Match: RVD vs. Jeff Hardy
2. William Regal & Molly Holly vs. Bubba Ray Dudley & Trish Stratus
3. Singapore Cane Match: Brock Lesnar vs. Tommy Dreamer
4. Shawn Stasiak vs. D-Lo Brown
5. Chris Benoit vs. Booker T
6. Big Show vs. Spike Dudley
7. The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero
• Stephanie McMahon Reveals Original Plan For The Undertaker’s Entrance At WrestleMania 36
The Undertaker faced off against AJ Styles in a Boneyard match at WrestleMania earlier this year. Taker used The American Badass gimmick and got an entrance with the song ‘Now That We’re Dead’, composed by Metallica.
While speaking on a media call, WWE’s Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon revealed that Metallica was supposed to be a part of Undertaker’s WrestleMania 36 entrance by performing live at the Raymond James Stadium (since Taker vs. Styles was originally supposed to be a normal match in the ring).
However, the entrance got scrapped due to the event being relocated to the Performance Center because of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Stephanie said that Metallica still wanted to remain a part of Taker’s entrance after the changes were made.
WATCH: Trish Stratus Exposed On RAW: