Below are some top AEW news stories of the day:
– According to Fightful Select, CM Punk and Kenny Omega were accommodated in completely separate buildings at AEW x NJPW: Forbidden Door.
– AEW inflated attendance numbers for Forbidden Door 2023. According to WrestleTix, the number of tickets distributed were 13,631 and the announced attendance was 14,826.
Tony Khan tweeted the following about the gate (revenue from tickets) for Forbidden Door:
“Tonight Forbidden Door in Toronto is officially the biggest live gate in AEW history at about $1.2 million (USD), and it’s one of the top 3 biggest live gates in the history of pro wrestling in Canada!”
– AEW All Out 2023 will take place at the United Center in Chicago on September 3rd. Collision on September 2nd will also take place at the United Center. Dynamite & Rampage (tapings) on August 30th will take place at the NOW Arena.
– In the main event of Forbidden Door, Bryan Danielson defeated Kazuchika Okada via Submission in a first time ever match.
In the post-show media scrum, Bryan revealed that he fractured his right forearm during the main event and will be out of action for about 2 months.
Tap here to read the complete results from Forbidden Door.
– During the post Forbidden Door media scrum, Sting revealed that he will NOT retire at AEW All In 2023 at Wembley Stadium. However, he stated that the end is near. He’s currently 16-0 in All Elite Wrestling.
Chris Jericho then confronted Sting and demanded a No Rules Tornado Tag Team Match against Sting & Darby this Wednesday on Dynamite.
Tony Khan booked Sting & Darby vs. Jericho & Sammy Guevara, and then told Jericho to leave.
Jericho then revealed that he’ll be bringing back in “Painmaker” alter-ego for this match.
WATCH: Torrie Wilson Taking A Shower: