It looks like a big rumored match for SummerSlam 2023 is now off the card.
There were some reports a few weeks back that WWE planned to reunite former NXT Tag Team Champions Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano, together known as DIY (Do It Yourself), on RAW.
The plan was for DIY to take on Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship at SummerSlam 2023.
However, that isn’t the case anymore, according to insider source BWE.
While Ciampa is back on WWE TV and lost to The Miz in a No DQ match on last night’s RAW, Gargano is still off WWE TV.
Fightful Select reported the following about Gargano:
“On Monday, there was a report noting that Johnny Gargano was still injured, and wouldn’t be competing at this year’s SummerSlam.
While we can’t confirm his status for WWE SummerSlam, or the status of the originally planned DIY angle, we can confirm that Gargano is no longer injured, and was factored in to recent creative plans in WWE.”
The following matches are currently planned for SummerSlam 2023:
– Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
– Brock Lesnar vs. Cody Rhodes III (Rumored to be a Bullrope Match)
– Gunther (c) vs. Drew McIntyre for the Intercontinental Championship
– Trish Stratus vs. Becky Lynch II
– Asuka (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Bianca Belair for the WWE Women’s Championship
– Rhea Ripley (c) vs. WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Raquel Rodriguez for the Women’s World Championship
– Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler
– Logan Paul vs. Ricochet
MUST WATCH: Rosa Mendes’ Butt Accidentally Exposed By Layla: