• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (September 13, 2001) – The First WWF Show After 9/11
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
This was the first WWF TV show after the September 11 attacks, where 2,996 people were killed, while more than 6,000 people got injured.
It was broadcasted LIVE from the Compaq Center in Houston, Texas and featured matches & interviews, with the overall theme of paying tribute to those who lost their lives, their relatives, and those who were injured.
Here’s the card:
1. Hardy Boyz vs. Hurricane Helms & Lance Storm
2. Rob Van Dam vs. Spike Dudley
3. Chris Jericho vs. Christian
4. The Rock vs. Shawn Stasiak
5. The Acolytes vs. X-Pac & Albert
6. Booker T. vs. The Big Show
7. Lita vs. Ivory
8. Test & The Dudley Boyz vs. William Regal & Yoshihiro Tajiri & Scotty Too Hotty
9. Kurt Angle vs. Rhyno
• The Miz Breaks Character On This Week’s SmackDown Live After Unintentional Bump (Video)
In the main event of this week’s SmackDown Live, The Miz broke character for a short amount of time when he pulled Brie Bella out of the ring.
According to Bryan Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer, there was an unintentional bump on SmackDown Live. The Miz applied too much force to pull Brie Bella during her match with Maryse.
This led to Brie taking a hard bump on the floor. The Miz was immediately seen apologizing before Daniel Bryan attacked him.
You can watch it below: