• “The options we have within the roster are even better” – Cody Rhodes On The Rock Not Returning For WrestleMania 39
There were a lot of rumors about WWF Legend The Rock returning to WWE this year and facing Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania 39.
However, he couldn’t get ready for a match and won’t be returning.
Cody Rhodes won the Men’s Royal Rumble 2023 match and will face Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania Hollywood.
During an interview with Alex McCarthy, Cody said his championship pursuit story and Sami Zayn’s story with Roman are better than Rock’s ‘Head Of The Table’ story with Reigns.
Below is what The American Nightmare said:
“With all the respect in the world to one of the GOATs The Rock, it looks like the options we have here within the roster are even better because of the stories that are happening.
One story about finishing something that started in 1978 – 7 years before I was even born – and another story of really the tragedy of being welcomed into The Bloodline and then what you saw unfolds.
I think with the amount of time between now and WrestleMania, it’s important I keep my eyes squarely fixed on WrestleMania, squarely wrestling for the WWE Undisputed Championship and as you hinted that may not be against Roman Reigns.
Now I don’t know if anyone can beat Roman Reigns, I truly don’t, but for me, it’s about picking up the chip. I love the melodrama, I love the heaviness in these stories that develop in our industry, but I am very simply a man who’s looking for a belt.
I’m looking for a championship title belt, the most important one in our world, the biggest in all – not just in the WWE bubble but in all the bubbles – and be the first to say as a Rhodes I did it, and it wasn’t Dusty Rhodes and it wasn’t Dustin Rhodes, it was Cody Rhodes.”
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (February 6, 1990) – WCW Clash Of The Champions 10: Texas Shootout
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on February 6, 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘NWA Clash Of The Champions X: Texas Shootout’ LIVE on TBS from the Memorial Coliseum in Corpus Christi, Texas.
This was the show where the 4 Horsemen kicked Sting out of their group, thus replacing him with Ole Anderson in the 6 man Tag Team Steel Cage main event later that night.
Below are the results:
– “Dr. Death” Steve Williams defeated Samoan Savage
– Brian Pillman & Tom Zenk defeated The MOD Squad
– Mil Máscaras defeated Cactus Jack
– Falls Count Anywhere: Norman the Lunatic defeated Kevin Sullivan
– The Road Warriors defeated The Skyscrapers by DQ
– NWA World Tag Team Championship vs. Masks: The Steiner Brothers defeated Doom
– Steel Cage: Ric Flair, Ole Anderson & Arn Anderson defeated The Dragonmaster, Buzz Sawyer & The Great Muta