• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 9, 1997) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1997, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Connecticut and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Ahmed Johnson & The Legion of Doom vs. Faarooq, Crush & Savio Vega
2. Davey Boy Smith vs. Goldust
3. The Headbagers vs. Doug Furnas & Phil Lafon
4. Rob Van Dam vs. Flash Funk
5. Sid Vicious vs. Owen Hart
6. Rockabilly vs. Bart Gunn
7. Mankind vs. Brian Pillman
• The Undertaker Says Brock Lesnar Didn’t Need To Break The Streak, Reveals Who Would’ve Eventually Broken The Streak If It Wasn’t Lesnar
The Undertaker revealed during recent interviews that Vince McMahon wanted Brock Lesnar to break his legendary 21-0 undefeated WrestleMania Streak.
During a new interview with CBS Sports, Undertaker revealed that he didn’t think Lesnar needed that huge victory, as he was already a huge star.
Below is what The American Badass said:
“Obviously, in Vince’s mindset, if it’s not Brock, then who? My biggest concern was I just wanted to make sure that [McMahon] was sure and that’s what he wanted to do.
I didn’t feel like Brock needed it. Brock was already a huge star, and it wasn’t going to help him one way or another. My only concern was there might have been someone down the line that could have benefited from it more and that probably would’ve been Roman [Reigns] later on.
That’s with hindsight being 20/20. But if I was going to get beat by someone, Brock was a guy who had the credentials, I think, to do it and people would be like, ‘Um, OK, sh*t, that’s Brock Lesnar.’ That was my biggest deal. I just wanted to make sure that’s really what [McMahon] had wanted to do.”
WATCH: Super Hot Video Of Torrie Wilson In A Revealing Outfit: