• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (February 27, 1993) – WWF Mania
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Mania’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania IX’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Hulk Hogan return and Mega-Maniacs formation (Raw 2/22/93)
– Sgt. Slaughter in the studio
– Mania Exclusive: Repo Man vs. Mike Starr (Long Beach, CA 2/15/93)
– WrestleMania IX promo
– Steiner Brothers vs. Gary Key & Larry Ludden (Challenge 2/21/93)
– Sean Mooney interviews Jimmy Hart (in-studio interview)
– Lex Luger vs. Virgil (Challenge 2/21/93)
– Mr. Perfect vignette with Wade Boggs
– WrestleMania IX Report
– Tatanka & Nasty Boys vs. Shawn Michaels & Beverly Brothers – joined in progress (Raw 2/22/93)
– Debra Duggan comments
– Mania Exclusive: Yokozuna vs. Jesse Storm (Fresno, CA 1/26/93)
• The Undertaker Says He Plans On Being A Little Smarter This Year With What He Does In WWE
As we noted last week, The Undertaker appeared at the C3 Conference and was interviewed by Ed Young.
During this appearance, The Undertaker talked about his WWE schedule during the WWE Crown Jewel PPV week last year and said that he plans to be a little smarter this year with what he does in WWE.
Below is what The Phenom said:
“Same day, I went from Austin to Charlotte [and then] went from Charlotte back to Austin. Tuesday, Wednesday, I went to DC and then from DC I went to Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia…crazy deal. I get there on Friday, I wrestle on Saturday, went right from the Stadium to the Airport and then caught a commercial flight. So, that was last year and hopefully I’m a little smarter this year with what I do.”
You can listen to this below: