• The Undertaker’s Final WWE Championship Reign Ended 20 Years Ago Today
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 21, 2002, WWE presented Vengeance 2002 PPV from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan.
In the main event of the show, The Undertaker defended the WWE Undisputed Championship against The Rock and Kurt Angle in a Triple Threat match.
Undertaker lost the WWE Championship. This was his final run with this Title (he became a World Champion again 5 years later, but it was the World Heavyweight Championship, not the WWE Championship).
Also at this event, Hollywood Hulk Hogan & Edge lost the WWE Tag Team Titles.
It should be noted that this was the only Tag Title reign that Hogan ever had in his wrestling career.
Below are the results from the show:
– Elimination Tables Match: The Dudley Boyz def. Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit
– WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Jamie Noble (c) def. Billy Kidman
– WWE European Championship Match: Jeff Hardy (c) def. William Regal
– John Cena def. Chris Jericho
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Rob Van Dam (c) def. Brock Lesnar by DQ
– No DQ Match: Booker T def. Big Show
– WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The Un-Americans def. Edge & Hulk Hogan (c)
– WWE Undisputed Championship Match: The Rock def. Kurt Angle & The Undertaker (c)
Also Check Out: WWF’s First Ever Ladder Match Took Place 30 Years Ago Today
WATCH: Sara (Undertaker’s Ex-Wife) In A Bikini – Part 1:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (July 21, 2003) – WWE Monday Night RAW
On this day in 2003, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Monday Night RAW’.
This episode was broadcasted from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE SummerSlam 2003’ PPV.
You can find the card below:
Victoria & Molly Holly vs. Gail Kim & Trish Stratus
Randy Orton vs. Val Venis
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
Booker T vs. Test
Kane vs. Rob Van Dam