• Tony Khan Has Taken Away Creative Control From Top AEW Stars
According to a new report from Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam, AEW Executive Vice Presidents Cody Rhodes, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) and Kenny Omega no longer have creative control in All Elite Wrestling.
AEW President Tony Khan took away their power and Khan is the one who makes the final decision on everything now.
The creative input from the above mentioned EVPs has greatly diminished and they are reportedly “EVPs in name only in 2021”. They no longer have a final say in the creative process or hiring talent.
Tony recently said the following to The Associated Press:
“I’ve found the company has gotten stronger the more I take on. And I think the fans would agree with that. The really hardcore fans would actually really agree with that.
The people who know, know the more hands-on I got about everything, the company has gotten a lot stronger.”
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (October 1, 2000) – WWF Sunday Night HEAT
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Sunday Night HEAT’.
It was broadcasted from the Pittsburgh Civic Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF No Mercy 2000’ PPV.
The match-card can be found right here:
– The Dudley Boyz vs. Right To Censor
– WWF Light Heavyweight Title Match: Dean Malenko (c) vs. Taka Michinoku
– WWF Intercontinental Title Match: Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. The Road Dogg
– William Regal vs. Crash Holly