Let us take a look at the top 8 stories of the hour from the world of Professional Wrestling:
8. Update on AJ Styles’ WWE Contract
According to reports, former TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles has been signed to a multi-year contract with WWE.
His contract allows him to keep his ring name and various other trademarks like “The Phenomenal One” & “The Styles Clash”.
Styles signed with WWE last week. It should be noted that WWE will be able to keep some of the rights to his character once he leaves WWE.
7. Brock Lesnar Working More WWE Dates During WrestleMania 32 Season
“The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar has been added to more WWE events during the WrestleMania 32 season.
Below is his schedule till WrestleMania 32:
– January 24th – Royal Rumble in Orlando
– February 1st – RAW in Birmingham, AL
– February 8th – RAW in Seattle
– February 16th – SmackDown in Ontario, CA
– February 21st – Fastlane in Cleveland
– February 22nd – RAW in Detroit
– March 11th – WWE live event in Montreal
– March 12th – “March to WrestleMania: Live from Toronto”
– March 14th – RAW in Pittsburgh
– March 22nd – SmackDown in Boston
– April 3rd – WrestleMania 32 in Dallas
6. “WWE Tried to Steal All Our Talent” – Lucha Underground Executive
During a recent interview with Wrestling Mayhem Show, Lucha Underground executive noted that WWE tried to buy out their complete roster and put them out of business.
Below is what he said:
“WWE basically tried to sign our entire roster, and pretty much tried to shut us down. I think that’s what they want to do – just take everybody, sign them into NXT and then wipe out companies. I know they tried to do it with TNA, and I’m sure Ring Of Honor too. It makes sense.
They pay someone $750/week, put them into developmental and in the meantime, they try to take away a company’s roster. And they can just leave those guys down in NXT.”