• Update On CM Punk’s Injury & How He Got Hurt
On last Friday’s live episode of AEW Rampage, AEW World Champion CM Punk announced that he’s injured and will require surgery.
However, he won’t vacate the Title and an Interim World Champion will be crowned at this month’s Forbidden Door PPV, where Jon Moxley will face an NJPW star for the Interim Title.
According to the Wrestling Observer, Punk suffered a foot injury, which occurred when he jumped into the crowd on the post-Double Or Nothing episode of Dynamite and he hit the guard rail hard.
After that, Punk made multiple botches in his 6-man tag team match. You can watch it below:
— Kenny Olivier (@Kenny69MeDon) June 2, 2022
Punk underwent surgery on June 8th and it went well. Injuries to the bones were worse than expected, but everything has been fixed.
He is now expected to return to action by the end of the year.
Also Read: Update On Cody Rhodes’ Injury
New Video: Former WWE NXT Diva Brandi Lauren Exposes Her Big Buns:
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (June 10, 1996) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the the Wheeling Civic Center in Wheeling, West Virginia and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1996’ PPV.
The match-card can be found here:
1. Scott Steiner vs. Booker T
2. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Jim Powers
3. Sting vs. Meng
4. Jim Duggan vs. Dave Taylor
5. The Giant vs. Scott Norton
6. Steven Regal vs. Billy Kidman
7. Public Enemy vs. The Nasty Boys
8. Sting & Lex Luger vs. Ric Flair & Arn Anderson