• Update On Kenny Omega’s Health
Last month, the Wrestling Observer reported that AEW World Champion Kenny Omega is badly hurt and he’s been dealing with the following things:
– He sliced up his hand (which required 7 stitches) at AEW Double Or Nothing 2021 while hitting Pac with a Title belt.
– Deep bone bruise near his tailbone.
– An athletic hernia.
– Normal wear and tear on his knees.
During the fan fest before Double Or Nothing, Omega noted that he sometimes wakes up and thinks his time to retire is near as his body hurts very badly. Omega will turn 38 in October.
In an update on his health, the Observer is reporting that Omega is doing better now.
Stem cell treatment and PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) therapy has made “a world of difference” on his athletic hernia issue, which is his biggest health issue right now.
Omega has the following Title defenses lined up right now:
– Impact World Title defense against Sami Callihan at Impact Wrestling Slammiversary on July 17th
– AAA Mega Title defense against Andrade El Idolo at AAA TripleMania XXIX on August 14th
WATCH: Lana In A Hot Outfit (Part 3):
• Old School WWF Tag Team Veteran Celebrates His Birthday
Old School Tag Team Wrestling Veteran “Nasty Boy” Jerry Sags (Real name: Jerome Saganowich) celebrates his 57th birthday today.
Jerry Sags was most famous as one half of the legendary Tag Team ‘The Nasty Boys’ with his partner Brian Knobbs.
Together, they worked for the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), the American Wrestling Association (AWA), World Championship Wrestling (WCW), Xcitement Wrestling Federation (XWF) & Total Nonstop Action! (TNA).
They teamed from 1985 till 1997 and then reunited again in 2001 and still team up to this day during occasional appearances on the independent scene.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JERRY SAGS!