• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 22, 1995) – WWF Royal Rumble 1995
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 22, 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired their annual ‘Royal Rumble’ event LIVE on PPV from the Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida.
With only a total match-time of 38 minutes and 41 seconds, this was by far the shortest Royal Rumble match in WWF/E history.
That was only possible because they shortened the intervals, so another wrestler entered every 60 seconds.
The PPV Results:
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Jarrett def. Razor Ramon (c)
– The Undertaker def. Irwin R. Schyster
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Diesel (c) wrestled Bret Hart to a draw
– Vacant WWF Tag Team Championship: 1–2–3 Kid & Bob Holly def. Bam Bam Bigelow and Tatanka
– Shawn Michaels won the 30-man Royal Rumble match
• Update On Which Version Of Finn Balor Will Face Brock Lesnar At Royal Rumble 2019
During a recent interview with ESPN, #1 contender Finn Balor revealed that he won’t be using his “Demon” persona during his match with Brock Lesnar fo the Universal Championship this Sunday at Royal Rumble 2019.
Below is Balor’s explanation regarding this move:
“I feel like maybe I leaned on The Demon too much there in the past as a crutch, and I can assure you that the man who faces Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble will be Finn Balor, the man.
I think a lot of people were surprised when I came out at WrestleMania not in Demon paint, but I feel like I had a bigger message to spread that day — one of equality and acceptance. Honestly, this match just kind of came about so fast that I haven’t had much time to think about it. I don’t have any new gear, I don’t have any new looks, I don’t have any new ideas right now, but you know, we’re still 6 days away, so I’m sure I’ll come up with something.”
WATCH: AJ Styles Impersonates Stone Cold – Drinks Water In Austin’s Beer Drinking Style: