• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 22, 1994) – WWF Royal Rumble 1994
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 22, 1994, the World Wrestling Federation aired their annual ‘Royal Rumble’ event LIVE on PPV from the Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island.
This was the first and also has been the only time in history, that a Royal Rumble match was not won by 1 wrestler, but by 2 wrestlers at the same time.
– Tatanka def. Bam Bam Bigelow
– WWF Tag Team Championship: The Quebecers (c) def. Bret Hart & Owen Hart
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Razor Ramon (c) def. Irwin R. Schyster
– Casket match – WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Yokozuna (c) def. The Undertaker
– Bret Hart and Lex Luger co-won the 30-man Royal Rumble match
• WWE Fixes Error Regarding The Undertaker’s Status (Photo)
As we noted earlier, WWE added some episodes of “WWF Superstars” to the WWE Network.
To promote this, WWE posted the following advertisement:
As seen in the above ad, WWE listed The Undertaker as a WWE Hall of Famer along with Shawn Michaels & Ric Flair. This began speculation that “The Deadman” might be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.
However, WWE fixed this error and new he’s being listed as a “WWE Legend”. Below is the updated version of the ad:
WATCH: Sasha Banks Suffers Major Wardrobe Malfunction On Last Night’s RAW, ASSets Exposed: