• Update On WWE’s Trademark Dispute Over “Stone Cold”
WWE was involved in a legal dispute with NFL’s Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones over the usage of the “Stone Cold” name. Jones was using the name “Stone Cold Jones” for his line of sodas.
This usage infringed on two copyright trademarks which belong to WWE, “Stone Cold Steve Austin” and “Stone Cold”.
In an update provided by HeelByNature, WWE is now negotiating a settlement with Jones’ company, Stone Cold LLC, over the trademark.
On Tuesday, December 15th, WWE filed a motion with the United States Patent and Trademark Office Trademark and Appeal Board. This motion was filed to suspend the trademark proceedings. The reason behind this motion is to give both sides 30 days to reach an agreement over the trademark.
Stone Cold LLC issued a response to WWE which stated that there is no confusion over the names, and they should be able to use the “Stone Cold” name.
If both sides don’t reach an agreement by Friday, January 15th, 2021, the case will continue.
WATCH: WWF Diva Debra (Stone Cold Steve Austin’s Ex-Wife) Stripped:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (December 23, 1999) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. WWF Intercontinental Title: Chris Jericho vs. Hardcore Holly
2. Rikishi vs. Viscera
3. Test vs. The Road Dogg
4. Kurt Angle vs. Edge
5. Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Al Snow
6. WWF World Women’s Title – Anything Goes Match: The Kat vs. Ivory
7. Christian & Jeff Hardy vs. TAKA Michinoku & Funaki
8. Kane vs. Mr. A$$
9. Mark Henry vs. Bubba Ray Dudley
10. WWF World Heavyweight Title: Big Show vs. Mankind