• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (September 23, 1991) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1991’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Ricky Steamboat vs. Tanaka (Joined In Progress)
– The Nasty Boys vs. Phil Apollo/Bill Pierce
– Mean Gene Interviews The Macho Man At His Home
– Jim Duggan vs. Brian Donahue
– In Studio Guest: The Big Boss Man
– I.R.S. vs. Ray Garcia
– A Clip Of Hulk Hogan’s Movie Suburban Commando
– The Rockers vs. Barry Hardy/Dwayne Gill
– Ted DiBiase vs. Jimmy Snuka (Joined In Progress)
– In Studio Guest: WBF Superstar Lou Ferrigno
– The Funeral Parlor with Ric Flair & Bobby Heenan as guests
– In Studio Guest: Jake The Snake Roberts
– Sid Justice vs. Kato
– Bret Hart vs. The Brooklyn Brawler
– The Natural Disasters vs. Joe Milano/Martin Roy
• Very Good News For Old School Fans
WWE’s deal with Saudi Arabia has turned out to be very good for WWE’s business and Old School Wrestling fans.
Regarding WWE’s business, they’re making more money from these Saudi Arabia shows than what they make from WrestleMania. WWE reportedly made between $40-50 million for the Greatest Royal Rumble earlier this year.
On the other hand, the Saudi Arabia officials are big time fans of Old School wrestlers and have requested WWE officials to have multiple WWF Legends to work the shows. All of this will result in WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement for the WWE Crown Jewel PPV on November 2 in Saudi Arabia.
Funding from the Saudi Arabia officials also resulted in Brock Lesnar returning to work the WWE Crown Jewel PPV.
According to the Dirty Sheets, WWE officials have managed to convince Saudi Arabia officials to pay them more to have stars like The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar & more appear more often on WWE programming for the build-up to their big show.
This wasn’t the case last time for the Greatest Royal Rumble event, when names like John Cena, Triple H and The Undertaker appeared directly at the show and had no build-up to their matches.
So the bottom line is that Old School Wrestling fans can now look forward to more special appearances by the likes of The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar & more on WWE programming.