• Vince McMahon Comments On Stepping Down As The CEO Of WWE
Due to the ongoing investigation of alleged misconduct by Vince McMahon and John Laurinaitis, Vince voluntarily stepped down from his position as CEO and Chairman of the Board until the conclusion of the investigation.
However, Vince is still going to handle the WWE creative and book storylines as usual.
Stephanie McMahon has been named the Interim CEO and the Interim Chairwoman.
Vince had the following to say about his decision:
“I have pledged my complete cooperation to the investigation by the Special Committee, and I will do everything possible to support the investigation. I have also pledged to accept the findings and outcome of the investigation, whatever they are.”
WATCH: Vince McMahon Forces Trish Stratus To Strip:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 17, 1990) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Dane County Coliseum in Madison, Wisconsin and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake vs. Spike Jones
– Demolition vs. Wilt Jones & Kit Carlson
– “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan vs. Paul Diamond
– Greg Valentine & Honky Tonk Man vs. Hillbilly Jim & Randy Falk
– Jake “The Snake” Roberts Interview
– Rick Martel vs. Jim Powers
– Tugboat vs. Pez Whatley