• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (October 5, 1996) – ECW Ultimate Jeopardy 1996
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on October 5, 1996, Extreme Championship Wrestling held ‘ECW Ultimate Jeopardy 1996’ at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
bWo member Stevie Richards replaced ECW World Heavyweight Champion Raven in the main event of the evening, thus defending the title for him.
The results can be found here:
– Louie Spicolli defeated Doug Furnas
– Mikey Whipwreck defeated J.T. Smith
– Submission match: Taz defeated Johnny Smith
– The Eliminators defeated The Samoan Gangsta Party
– ECW World Tag Team Championship: The Gangstas (c) wrestled Stevie Richards & The Blue Meanie to a no-contest
– ECW World Tag Team Championship: The Gangstas (c) defeated The Eliminators N/A
– Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Terry Gordy
– D-Von Dudley defeated Buh Buh Ray Dudley
– ECW World Television Championship: Shane Douglas (c) wrestled Pitbull #2 to a no-contest
– Ultimate Jeopardy – ECW World Heavyweight Championship: The Sandman & Tommy Dreamer defeated Stevie Richards & Brian Lee
• Vince McMahon No Longer Interested In Pushing RAW Wrestler
As we noted before, Wrestling Observer reported that WWE officials have given up on RAW wrestler No Way Jose.
No Way Jose hasn’t been seen on RAW for a while now and this is a bad sign. To make things even worse, Jose lost to Mike Kanellis prior to this week’s RAW during the WWE Main Event taping.
Jose worked the WWE RAW Live Event in Canada this past Sunday and lost to Jinder Mahal.
Jose was last seen on RAW on the July 9 edition of the show, where he lost a match to Mojo Rawley.
With that being said, Mojo Rawley was getting a slow push on RAW which began with him defeating No Way Jose.
However, it looks like Vince McMahon isn’t interested in pushing Mojo anymore either.
Wrestling Observer noted that Mojo lost to Tyler Breeze (who’s mostly used as a jobber on RAW) during WWE Main Event tapings prior to RAW. Also, Mojo hasn’t worked a match on RAW for a while.
Both these things are bad signs for Mojo’s singles push.