• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (December 13, 1998) – WWF In Your House 26: Rock Bottom
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on December 13, 1998, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF In Your House 26: Rock Bottom’ LIVE on PPV from the General Motors Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The main event had the stipulation, that if “Stone Cold” Steve Austin could beat The Undertaker in a Buried Alive match, he was going to be allowed as an entrant into the 1999 Royal Rumble match.
– D’Lo Brown & Mark Henry defeated The Godfather & Val Venis
– The Headbangers defeated The Oddities
– Steve Blackman defeated Owen Hart via countout
– The Brood defeated The J.O.B. Squad
– “Strip Tease” match: Goldust defeated Jeff Jarrett via DQ
– WWF Tag Team Championship: The New Age Outlaws (c) defeated The Corporation
– WWF Championship: Mankind defeated The Rock (c)
– Buried Alive: Steve Austin defeated The Undertaker
• Vince McMahon Used To Wrestle In A Mask In The WWF
During a recent interview with WrestlingNewsCo, WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter revealed that Vince McMahon used to wrestle in a mask in the World Wrestling Federation.
Below is what Slaughter said:
“I’ve got a lot of Vince McMahon stories but I can’t tell them, He was never able to become a wrestler because his father wanted him to be behind the microphone so he could control things a little bit better.
One night we were driving in the car together and Vince said ‘one thing I really miss Sarge is getting in the ring’. I said ‘you want to get in the ring? Go put a mask on’.
It wasn’t the funnest time in my life, but we got it done.”