• WCW Legend Will Release A Comic Book In 2022
On a recent episode of his weekly ‘The Arn Show’ podcast, Old School NWA/WCW/WWF Legend Arn Anderson revealed that his book will come out in 2022 and it is going to be a comic book.
Here’s what the legendary Four Horsemen member had to say:
“It’s going to be a comic book, and it’s going to follow the Tony Schiavone comic book. I was approached by the same folks. I’m looking forward to it.
A lot of people have asked me over the years, ‘Why don’t you write an autobiography?’ I never really wanted to, to be honest with you. Now that Brock (Anderson) is in the business, maybe when that plays out a little further, I may be able to come up with one.
But a comic book to me can be a story of your life just in comic book terms. I think that would be easy to do. You can fit in some of the stories that are legitimate.
You can have a few that are a little bit far fetched, and maybe have some fun with it. We’ve already started working on it. It should be out next year sometime.”
The Enforcer, as they called him, wrestled from 1982 until he was forced into early retirement due to an injury in 1997.
WATCH: Revealing Video Of WWF Diva Chyna:
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (December 26, 1988) – NWA Starrcade 1988
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on December 26, 1988, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘NWA Starrcade 1988’ LIVE on PPV from the Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia.
This was the first PPV after billionaire Ted Turner bought Jim Crockett Promotions and renamed it World Championship Wrestling (WCW).
The main event featured NWA World Heavyweight Champion “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair defending his title against the #1 contender Lex Luger.
Here are the results:
– NWA United States Tag Team Championship: Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan def. The Fantastics (c)
– The Midnight Express def. The Original Midnight Express
– The Russian Assassins def. Junkyard Dog & Ivan Koloff
– NWA World Television Championship: Rick Steiner def. Mike Rotunda (c)
– NWA United States Heavyweight Championship: Barry Windham (c) def. Bam Bam Bigelow by count-out
– NWA World Tag Team Championship: Sting & Dusty Rhodes def. The Road Warriors (c) by DQ
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ric Flair (c) def. Lex Luger