• Who Made The Decision To Release Bray Wyatt From WWE?
As we reported earlier, John Laurinaitis informed Bray Wyatt of his WWE release today. Wyatt was told it was due to budget cuts.
Wyatt was preparing for an in-ring return and was even being advertised for some WWE shows in August.
According to PWInsider, people backstage in WWE were stunned by Wyatt’s release, because his merch sales have been very good.
The decision to release Wyatt was made by WWE President Nick Khan and CFO Kristina Salen, who want WWE to cut as much cost as possible.
Vince McMahon has reportedly given Nick Khan a lot of power to do things as he sees fit. Also, Vince and Bray had a “very hot and cold” relationship.
Wyatt’s 90-day non-compete clause will end a week before AEW’s Full Gear pay-per-view, which will take place on November 6th.
Also Read: Backstage News On Bray Wyatt’s WWE Release
WATCH: Maria Kanellis Was So Hot:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 31, 1989) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
1. Greg Valentine v. Jimmy Snuka (From SNME 7/29/89)
2. Update – Big Bossman & Dusty Rhodes
3. Dino Bravo v. Dale Wolfe
4. King Duggan v. The Gladiator
5. Iron Mike Sharpe v. Tim Horner (MSG 7/10/89)
6. Hillbilly Jim v. Sunny Beach
7. Rougeau Brothers v. Paul Roma & Todd Becker
8. Brother Love – Andre the Giant/Ultimate Warrior
9. Demolition v. Brain Busters (for the WWF Tag Team Titles)
10. THE BOBBY HEENAN SHOW EPISODE 3