• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 16, 1993) – WCW Clash Of The Champions 23
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 16, 1993, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Clash Of The Champions XXIII’ LIVE on TBS from the Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia.
This was the 23rd out of a total of 35 Clash of the Champions events, that aired between 1988 and 1997.
The results can be found here:
– Ron Simmons defeated Dick Slater
– Lord Steven Regal defeated Marcus Alexander Bagwell
– NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Barry Windham (c) defeated 2 Cold Scorpio
– Big Van Vader, Sid Vicious & Rick Rude defeated Dustin Rhodes, Sting & Davey Boy Smith
– 2-out-of-3 falls – NWA & WCW World Tag Team Championships: Ric Flair & Arn Anderson defeated The Hollywood Blonds (c)
• WWE Allowing Limited Number Of Fans To Attend Events, Bans Them From Wearing Masks
WWE took another step towards the return of real fans to their events, as they allowed some family members and friends of Performance Center trainees to be a part of the crowd on RAW last night.
Bryan Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer noted the following about it:
I believe RAW will have a small and select group of legitimate fans at the show tonight in addition to trainees.
— Bryan Alvarez (@bryanalvarez) June 15, 2020
However, WWE has banned fans from wearing masks at events.
“On top of nobody finding out about the COVID failure until it hit social media, I was told by multiple sources that WWE would not allow anyone in the crowd at the RAW taping Monday to wear masks.”
On top of nobody finding out about the COVID failure until it hit social media, I was told by multiple sources that WWE would not allow anyone in the crowd at the RAW taping Monday to wear masks.
— Bryan Alvarez (@bryanalvarez) June 16, 2020
WATCH: Mandy Rose’s Perfect Backside: